Electric outages: Alert
Due to unprecedented weather, Comanche County will be experiencing rolling power outages for approximately 1 hour periods of time.
This will be done to conserve energy, likely to last over a 24-48 hour period of time.
This is a known power outtage by our Local Power Companies. However, if your your power is out for longer than a 2 hour period of time. Please contact your power distributor.
It is important for you to Shelter In Place.
* Stay warm with blankets and layers of clothing
* call your friends, family and neighbors to check on them.
* Conservative power use is highly recommended. Lower your thermostat by 2 to 4 degrees.
* Limit use of dryers, ovens, lights and electric heaters.
* DO NOT RUN YOUR GENERATOR INDOORS. IT MUST BE RAN IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA.
*Contact your oxygen supply company if you have concerns about your portable oxygen supply.
*Unplugged any unused electronic appliances.
The medical clinic will be closed during power outtages.
If you experience a medical emergency, call 911.
Comanche County Hospital 620-582-2144
Stay warm, stay safe, check on each other.
Coldwater Electricity will be out around 3:00pm today and should be down anywhere from 30-60 minutes and should be back on until later this evening around 9:00pm.
News & Info